About Wickliffe 
Country : United States of America
State : Ohio
County : Lake County
Population:13 484
(census 2000
The city of Wickliffe is located about 15 miles northeast from the center of Cleveland, Ohio and about two miles inland from Lake Erie. It was originally a precinct of Willoughby called “Chagrine” before taking its present name.

It is known that some of the original settlers were living in Wickliffe as early as 1810, and by 1815 there was even a small hotel. However the first recorded sale of land in Wickliffe was not until 1817, and the city takes this date as its official founding. The surrounding area consisted predominantly of small farms with the harvest from orchards and vineyards providing a livelihood

for their owners. In 1852, construction of the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad (later the New York Central) passed through Wickliffe and a few small industries grew along its tracks. Not much else changed until late in the 19th century when the area began to attract wealthy Cleveland businessmen looking for country property on which to build elaborate summer retreats. 
One of these was Frank Rockefeller, and another was Harry Coulby,
 a shipping magnate who built a large estate in Wickliffe named “Couellenby.” Situated on a ridge with a view of Lake Erie, Coulby’s mansion provided a commanding vantage point to observe the arrivals and departures of his fleet of ships as they navigated Lake Erie.
In March of 1916 an election was held on the question of incorporating Wickliffe as a independent village. The proposition passed, and the popular Harry Coulby was elected as the first Mayor of the newly established Village of Wickliffe. 
Wickliffe remained a small village until the expansion following World War II placed it in the path of progress. Several new industries decided to build here and it was a period of explosive residential growth. Wickliffe officially became a city on October 6, 1951, when its population grew to 5,002. Three years later, in 1954, the city purchased the Coulby mansion and 54 acres of the original estate (which had become a private school following Coulby’s death). Coulby’s historic, white-marble mansion became Wickliffe City Hall, which it remains to this day. 
Adjacent to the beautiful mansion, on the old estate acreage that now serves as a city park and recreational property, the bandstand that you see was constructed in 1986. With its all-masonry construction, it is a departure from the usual wooden bandstands seen in neighboring cities in both design and materials. 
In this bandstand we see something unique. It reflects the sturdiness of the early pioneers and the self-sufficient spirit that marked the early history of this place, as well as the uncomplicated tastes of the generation of residents who built it. 
This rugged bandstand is rented by the city for celebrations of many types, such as weddings, reunions, company picnics, etc. where the music is arranged by the renters. City-sponsored musical performances at the bandstand are irregular. 
Concerts in the Park
6:30-8:30 pm 
Ron Stark Orchestra 
- Wednesday, August 15,2007
....there were some raindrops on the way there, but they stopped long enough for the concert by the Ron Stark Orchestra to take place. 

The 5-piece orchestra plays
"standards" from the '40s and '50s, some polkas and waltzes... (Vic Cooke)
Vic Cooke
pbase Artist Vic Cooke
To see it on Google-Earth
Lattitude : 41.5952
 Longitude:  -81.4775